OpenEARTH Conference on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
The scientific and organizing committees of OpenEarth 2020, invite you to participate in OpenEARTH Conference on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation. The conference is organized by the BalkanROAD project “Towards farms with zero carbon-, waste- and water-footprint. Roadmap for sustainable management strategies for Balkan agricultural sector”, financed by the European Union and National Funds of the participating countries, within the framework of the “Balkan-Mediterranean 2014-2020 Programme”.
The Conference will take place on 12, 13 and 14 February, 2020 in Holliday Inn Hotel, Thessaloniki, Greece.
The Conference aims to address the main issue of climate change adaptation and mitigation in primary and secondary sectors through the promotion of agricultural practices and modern effective technologies. It focuses mainly on carbon-, waste- and water-footprint and aims to stimulate the interest of scientists and citizens and to inform them about the sustainable management strategies for Balkan agricultural and agribusiness sectors.
A full day site visit-excursion will take place on 15th February, 2020 to the Greek pilot area in Ktima Kir-Yianni, in Naoussa.
The Conference has no registration fees.
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation by agricultural sector
- Sustainable Agribusinesses under climate change pressure
- Resources management
- Life Cycle Analysis and greenhouse gas emissions of the agricultural production
- Climate change Policy-Stakeholders and policy makers΄ role
- Climate change-risks and opportunities
- Adaptation of the Balkan Mediterranean agribusinesses to climate change
- Circular economy and Bioeconomy
- Climate change- preparing for the future: designing and implementing public-participatory policy
- Innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives
- Nature-based solutions and best management practices in agriculture
- Modelling climate change and its application to agriculture
- GIS and remote sensing in agriculture
- Hydrological modelling of climate change impacts in agriculture
- Decision making and support tools, web applications
- Environmental education-The science of teaching
- Circular economy through Environmental Education
- Environmental education at the different levels of the educational systems
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development Goal No4: Quality Education
- Waste Strategy
- Water, Waste water treatment
Call for papers
Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract in English, of maximum 600 words (as a .doc / .docx extension text file). The abstracts can be submitted using the online form, no later than 15th December 2019 10 January 2020 (extended deadline).
For participating to the conference without submitting a manuscript, please contact us in email@example.com to declare your interest.
Full paper submission
Authors of the papers accepted for oral and poster presentation, after the end of the review process, are asked to submit a full paper up to 10 pages, following the format of the full Sample Paper. Please send the full paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest until 30th January 2020.
Poster presentation template:
– Paper Size A0 (width 841 x height 1189mm) or smaller
– Orientation: Vertical
– Should contain: title, authors’ names and affiliation, corresponding author’s contact details
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 December 2019 extended until 10 January 2020
Provisional acceptance of abstracts: 30 December 2019
Full paper submission: 30 January 2020
The best OpenEARTH 2019 papers will be published after evaluation in a special issue of:
Science of the Total Environment (Guest Editors: Dr George Bartzas, Dr Maria Doula, Prof. Konstantinos Komnitsas),
Sustainability MDPI (Guest Editors Assist. Prof. Antonis A. Zorpas, Assoc. Prof. Meidi Jequirim, and Dr Maria Doula),
Desalination and Water Treatment (Guest Editors: Assist. Prof. Antonis A. Zorpas and Dr Maria Doula),
Global Net Journal (Guest Editors Assist. Prof. Antonis A. Zorpas and Assoc. Prof. Demetris F. Lekkas)
Booking in Thessaloniki
As being the second largest Greek city, Thessaloniki offers a wide variety of hotel and rooms at different rates. Skylines travel experts and Mrs Anna Varvatsouli could assist you in finding a hotel, booking room and services (email: email@example.com, use the Code OpenEARTH in your email subject line)